Dark chocolate, peanut butter and oats are three of my favourite foods and therefore these oat cookie bars are one of my favourite snacks and sweet treats. They are really simple to make, and require no baking which is ideal. This recipe makes around 8 bars which are vegan and gluten free.
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp ground flax seeds
80g peanut butter (or alternative)
60mls coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
25g dark choc chips / cacao nibs
40g melted dark chocolate
10mls coconut oil
10g cacao powder
• Line a square or rectangular tin with baking paper.
• Blend the oats in a food processor until they form a flour.
• Add the rest of the base ingredients, except the chocolate chips/cacao nibs and blend until well combined.
• Stir in the chocolate chips/cacao nibs.
• Spoon the base mixture into the tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
• Place into the fridge for a few minutes.
• Combine the melted dark chocolate and coconut oil with the cacao powder.
• Spread the chocolate mixture evenly onto the base.
• Place back into the fridge and leave to set for at least an hour.
• Lastly, cut into bars and store in an air tight container in the fridge.