These cookies are my go-to mid afternoon snack. They have a crumbly, crunchy texture thanks to the nuts and toasted oats in the granola. I used my favourite Deliciously Ella granola, but I’m sure any nutty granola would work just as well. These are also very versatile; feel free to add in any other ingredients such as cacao nibs, raisins, seeds, etc.
This recipe makes 6 cookies.
100g Deliciously Ella Nutty Granola
50g plain flour (I used spelt flour)
35g ground almonds
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/2 tsp baking powder
75ml non-dairy milk (I used brown rice milk)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix all of the ingredients, except the milk, in a large bowl.
3. Add the milk gradually; keep adding and stirring until fully combined but not too sticky.
4. Separate the mixture into 6 even balls, slightly flattening onto the baking sheet.
5. Place in the oven for 15-17 minutes, until the top starts to turn golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
7. Store in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.